Hadeeqa is an an exceptional dancer. Dancing with Ghawazee Moon since 2006, her passion for bellydance is grounded in the folkloric mode, and has led her to experiment with great skill in intricate dubstep fusion stylings. Her performance invites audiences into her world as she bares her soul to the rhythm. Hadeeqa now teaches, choreographs and performs with Ghawazee Moon.
When she’s not dancing, Hadeeqa studies psychology and misses her cat back home.
5. What is your favourite piece from the TABLA bellydance repertoire and why?
Gasolina. It's fun, and always gets a good reaction from the audience!
6. What advice would you give to someone who is new to bellydance or is thinking of getting into bellydance?
Bellydance is very versatile... and forgiving! Everyone's body is different - just because you can't do a certain movement does not mean bellydance isn't for you! There will always be movements that you are better or worse at, and with enough practice, you can conquer those more difficult movements.
7. What is one essential item you keep in your dance/music bag?
A drink bottle and a pen/paper for writing down new choreography ideas!
And for the serious questions:
8. If you could only eat two foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Chocolate, of course, and bananas.
9. If you were marooned on a desert island (with a plentiful food source), what three things would you want with you?
A blanket, a limitless power supply, and an e-reader.
10. Sweet or Savoury? Day or night? Top Bunk or Bottom Bunk? Driver or Passenger? Pirates or Ninjas?
Sweet, Night, Bottom Bunk, Passenger, and Pirates, for sure!